This parish has an amazing history that goes all the way to the founding of Detroit.
Since July 26, 1701 St. Anne de Detroit Catholic Church has been serving the city by the straits. Founded originally where Griswold meets Jefferson, it’s now at 1000 St. Anne just west of downtown. For a time the legendary Father Gabriel Richard was its pastor, and the Parish inhabited this Gothic Revival building in 1886.
Inside is the oldest stained glass in the city as well as a wooden altar from 1818 that Richard practiced mass at.
Hat tip to YouTuber Teddy Iglesias for the video.