TI Automotive, whose corporate headquarters are in Oxford, England, has leased a new build-to-suit facility to consolidate its corporate offices in Auburn Hills. The move will bring in $7 million in investment and create 97 jobs.
The company has been awarded a $500,000 Michigan Business Development Program performance-based grant because of the positive economic impact it will make.
TI Automotive is a leading global supplier of automotive fluid storage. Its links to Michigan go back to the Bundy Corporation, which was founded in 1922 to provide fuel lines to the Ford Model T.
The company has multiple facilities in Michigan, including a technical center for fluid systems technology in Auburn Hills. It also has several manufacturing operations in the state located in Caro, Cass City, Hillsdale, Marysville, and New Haven.
The City of Auburn Hills has offered to support TI Automotive in the form of a property tax abatement.