The creative spirit is alive and well in the Motor City. Detroit is an appealing place for many street artists and a place to go if you want to make something amazing.
Murals In The Market happened happened last fall and the results are breathtaking. 45 artists applied their skills to the walls of Detroit’s historic Eastern Market area, and you could feel the good energy when we spent the afternoon photographing them and talking to various artists.
Detroiters of all kinds could be see taking their most epic selfies and exploring the streets. This very well may be Detroit’s newest, hottest attraction.
Below, in no particular order, is the tip of the iceberg. This post isn’t a comprehensive list. It’s well worth your time to go down and check them all out for yourself.
1. Shark Toof/1xRun – Division Street At The Dequindre Cut
2. Fel3000ft – Russell Street At Adelaide
3. Hebru Brantley – Russell at Adelaide
4. Kashink & Thor – Riopelle at Winder
5. Patch Whisky – Adelaide at Orleans
6. Michelle Tanguay – Adelaide at Orleans
7. Sydney G. James – Adelaide at Orleans
8. Denial – Orleans between Division and Adelaide
9. Ouizi – Orleans between Division and Adelaide
10. Doyle – Orleans between Division Adelaide
11. Beau Stanton – St. Aubin at Pierce
12. Askew – Division at the Dequindre Cut
13. Miss Van – Division at Orleans
14. Nosego – Behind Gratiot and Russell Streets
15. Oscar – Behind Gratiot and Russell Streets
16. Jeff Soto and Max242 – Behind Gratiot and Russell Streets
17. Hygenic Dress League – Gratiot between Russell and Service Drive
18. Meggs – Eastern Market Central Building, Wilkins at Russell Street
By the way – Murals in the Market is returning for another year and if last year was any indication, it’s going to be great. More here.
The tiny house that Beau Stanton painted on is a new micro-hotel that will open before thanksgiving! Check us out on FB! 2126 Pierce 🙂
I just drove past that house today. It looks even better in person — excellent work!
Thanks for the shout out!
Come learn more about what we’re doing for #11 on facebook. You can find us by sesrching 2126 Pierce!
These philanthropic foundations are incredible at street level.
these philanthropic foundations are incredible at street level
No malt or tead?? I call shenanigans.
Tiny little crumbs for the Detroit based artists.
[…] Last year, it was a visual feast. Here’s a gallery of 18 of the murals that were just amazing. […]