Dine Drink Detroit is quickly becoming one of Detroit’s most exciting events. There are 25 venues offering some of a pairing of your choice of a drink and their best dishes for $15 – and we all know Detroiters love a good value.
The feast-ival has doubled in size this year and runs from October 1 through 10, and features restaurants, bars and cafes. It’s a great way to get a sample of Detroit’s food scene for not a lot of scratch (prices do not include tax and tip, though). No reservations needed, which speaks to the more laid-back vibe of Dine Drink Detroit.
So let’s get eating on our culinary tour around town. Here are your Dine Drink Detroit 2015 menus (or pairings) in alphabetical order.
Antietam is one of Detroit’s newer hotspots. Their drink selection includes Jacquère, Vin de Savoie, or a 3 oz. Domaine Jean Vullien 2013. Food wise, you can choose between the Salmon, Horseradish Consume, or Watercress.
Batch Brewing Company
Drinks include The Audacity – Kölsch and the Empire Pale Ale. Your food is a choice of the Market Veggie Sandwich with a House-made Batch pretzel or Pork Belly Bolillo with a House-made Batch pretzel.
Chartreuse Kitchen & Cocktails
Chartreuse offers a Beet Gimlet or Gon Naw Git along with your choice of Charred Beets or Fried Bandera Quail.
Colors is one of the more interesting venues nestled in the basement of the Carr Center downtown. They offer a Domestic Bottled Beer, a Glass of the House Sparkling Wine, or a Glass House Red or White Wine along with your choice of Dinty Moore Sandwich, Chicken Cacciatora, or Pasta Primavera.
Cutter’s Bar & Grill
An icon if you love a good burger. This hearty joint offers you a choice of Miller Lite, Summer Shandy or Sam Adams.
That can be paired with your choice of:
- Steak Bite Dinner
- Any Stuffed Burger and Fries
- Any Loaded Potato
- Any 8oz Burger
- Grilled Chicken Salad
Detroit City Distillery
At Firebird Tavern you can pair any of their draft beers, any of their wines or any of their menu cocktails with their Diner Burger, Michigan Harvest Salad & Soup, or Pasta.
Gold Cash Gold
Chef Josh Stockton has the following in store for you at Gold Cash Gold. To drink, you can go with the 2014 Lioco Chardonnay, Sonoma County, USA or the 2012 Le Petit Coquet, Domaine Chaume-Arnaud, Cotes Du Rhone, France; and that’s paired with Beet Salad or a Mushroom Conserva.
Green Dot Stables
Always price-friendly Green Dot Stables offers as a drink any draft beer, any bottled beer, any house cocktail or any wine by the glass to pair with your choice of Cheeseburger, Mystery Meat, Cuban, Kale Salad or Truffle & Herb Fries.
This Midtown place gives you the choice of a Jalapeno Margarita, Peach Kentucky Mule or a Long Island paired with your choice of Smokey Crab Dip Alfredo, Twice Baked Potatoes, or Block Wings (+ Bacon Brownie or Apple Taco).
Your pairing here offers an Apple Cinnamon Blast, Ginger Snap, or any Beer with a Classic American Burger, Smoked Chicken Quesadilla or Mac ‘n Cheese.
Johnny Noodle King
At Johnny Noodle King your offerings for drinks are Sapporo Draft or a Fentimans botanical beverage paired with Shoyu ramen or Veggie miso ramen and you get a Ginger bibb salad with either option.
Your pairings on Canfield are Bam Beire, Oro De Calabaza, Diabolical or Siren along with food options of Margherita Pizza, Brussels Sprouts Pizza, Fire Smoke Pizza or the Chicken and Kale Pizza.
Your drink choices include Garduño Cabernet Sauvignon, Garduño Sauvignon Blanc, or a Bottled Beer paired with:
- Champiñones or Patatas Bravas and Gambas al Ajillo
- Champiñones or Patatas Bravas and Filete de Pollo
- Champiñones or Patatas Bravas and Pisto Manchego
- Champiñones or Patatas Bravas and Calamar a la Parilla
Mercury Burger & Bar
This place that has become a new institution at the corner of Michigan and 14th has quite a few options for you. Your drink options include a Glass of wine or Draft beer along with food pairings of:
- Classic Burger
- El Pescado Picante: blackened salmon fillet, guacamole, spinach, red onion
- Harvest Burger: signature patty topped with granny smith apples, caramelized onions, blue cheese, and a pumpkin puree
- Veggie Burger: meatless patty, tomato, portobello cap, munster cheese, and an avocado chimichurri
Plus all have an option option of salt fries, seasoned fries, salt and pepper fries, or garlic fries.
Motor City Wine
This Michigan Avenue establishment offers any glass of wine on their Dine Drink Detroit list paired with a Small Cheese Plate or Small Charcuterie Plate.
This Corktown staple recently added an excellent patio to the back of their tasty shop. Their options for Dine Drink Detroit are any sandwich, cup of soup, and 12 oz beer all day or your choice of charcuterie or hummus board and two glasses of house wine or house cocktails.
Ottava Via has four curated pairings for you.
- Two meats and two cheeses with choice of Erik the Red, Domain Haut Bridau, or Lemon Basilcello cocktail.
- Truffle butter pastalinguine, mushrooms, truffle butter sauce with choice of dirty blonde, barbera d’alba sovrano, or the lark: grapefruit, aperol, prosecco
- Polpette: Veal meatballs with choice of tapistry reactor IPA, brancaia super tuscan, or Rosemary’s baby: rye, pineapple, and rosemary
- Bistecca 8 oz sirloin along with picante herb sauce, herbed goat cheese, and frisee and green onion salad with with choice of Perrin Lil Gris, Burgess merlot, or Michigan Avenue Manhattan.
PJ’s Lager House
Your choice of Abita Amber or Corktown Red paired with Jambalaya with Shrimp or Vegetarian Lasagna with Bechamel Sauce.
Rock City Eatery
Your drink pairings are as follows with your choice of:
- Rock City Cocktail: Whiskey/Lime Juice/Pomegranate Molasses/Orange Bitters/Agave Syrup
- Cold Toddy: Tea/Bourbon/Lemon Juice/Cinnamon Stick/Honey
- Manhattan: Whiskey/Vermouth/Bitters/Cinnamon Stick and a Cherry
Along with food options of:
- Green Beans: Cashews/Hoison/Scallions and Cilantro
- Spicy Roasted Brusselss Sprouts: Thai Basil/Peanuts/Scallions/Smoked Tomatos/Lime and Chile
- Masala Cauliflower: Cauliflower/Carmelized Figs/Pineapple Puree/Za’atar
- Nicole’s Poutine: Fries w/Duck Confit Gravy + Cheese Curds
We’re just going to get right to all of the options. On the drink side:
- Atwater D-light
- Motor City Lager
- The Girls Vineyard Cabernet CA
- Red Txakolina Spanish White
- Abita Rootbeer
For food you can pair the above with the Reason Sandwich w/ a side of Mac & cheese -or- the Genius Vegetarian Sandwich w/ a side of mac & cheese/
St. Cece’s Food & Spirits
For drink options you have:
- Any Draft Beer
- Tsantali Sauvignon Blanc – Greece
- Chateau De Calavon Rose – France
And on the food side you can pair it with your choice of:
- Sampler plate – Scotch Egg, Fussili Noodle and Cheese, Pork Slider
- House Made Ravioli – pear, caramelized onion, radicchio, gorogonzola
- Oven Roasted Half-Chicken, Root Vegetables, Potato Hash
One of Detroit’s newest additions offers the following drinks:
- Basil Smash
- Town Mule
- TWS Old Fashioned
- Bell’s Two Hearted
Along with food options of Truffle Fries, Spicy Tuna Roll, or a Cauliflower Appetizer.
Traffic Jam & Snug
Michigan’s first brew-pub offers the following drinks as part of the special:
- Proper Pilsner
- Optic IPA
- The Honeymooner
These go along with your choice of one of the following options:
- House Made Cheese Platter
- Bacon and Chicken Skewer
- Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Black Bottom Pecan Pie
- Apple Cobbler
Housed in one of Detroit’s iconic old homes, the Whitney brings a touch of class to round out the menu list. For drinks you can choose:
- The Witching Half Hour
- Witch’s Hat Brewery Craft Beer
- Tea & Sympathy
- Irish Coffee
Set yourself up and pair it with your choice of:
- Tenderloin ‘Pot Pie’
- Flaming Banana Fosters
- Eggplant Brucshetta
- Award Winning Carrot Cake
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi