The Michigan Science Center is at it again as they prepare for the return of their annual Science Soirée, Colorosity.
This all-ages evening event will cater to families, grown-up geeks, and the curiously young at heart, with an array of activities built around the science of color. Enjoy several new exhibits and interactive art and design adventures, including:
- Explosions of Color – Eight interactive experiences using a variety of scientific reactions to produce explosions of color
- Illumination Station – Explore 10 immersive stations illuminating light and color
- Color Psychology – Discover the science of human perception at five different stations featuring the interaction of our senses with our brain and the world around us
- Mixing, Morphing & Melting – Get your hands on some color with engaging activities just for kids!
In addition to the exhibits, the event will host several distinguished guests from the science community, who will bring their own dynamic presentations to the event.
The guests and there presentations include:
- MiSci Artist-in-Residence Timothy Orikri – Participate in a live art experience where guests contribute to a large mosaic of color
- 2014 Kresge Fellow and World Space Party Art-X Artist Daniel Land – See the space shuttle Endeavour and Sue the T. rex brought to colorful life via projection-mapping visuals by New D Media Arts
- Axalta Coating Systems Color Marketing Manager Nancy Lockhart – Learn about the hidden world of color, including how paint is made, how popular colors are chosen and how light and color interact.
General admission tickets to the event are $125 for adults and just $50 for kids. If you want to enhance your expereince even more, then opt for the VIP tickets at $200 for adults and $75 for kids.
To get your tickets now, click here.