Grab your car keys, enlist the help of three friends, and get ready to battle it out for awesome Detroit-inspired prizes from Applebee’s. On Sunday, Nov. 8 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Applebee’s Detroit and Visit Detroit will host a road-rally scavenger hunt to celebrate the restaurant’s opening.
If you want to be part of the fun, gather your team of up to four people and register online. Registration is open until Nov. 5, so don’t dally!
Here’s how the scavenger hunt will work:
Participants should arrive at Applebee’s Detroit (2111 8 Mile Rd) by 9:30 a.m. At 10 a.m., the clue for the first location will go live on the Applebee’s Detroit and Visit Detroit Facebook pages. At 11 a.m. the second clue will go live, and at 12 p.m. the third clue will go live on the Facebook pages.
Once each clue is on Facebook, teams will have to (1) determine the correct location from the clue, (2) drive to the location and park, and (3) do the following at each location:
- Pick up a paper apple with the location’s name on it.
- Take a photo at the location with a minimum of one team member in it and post it on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ApplebeesDetroit. (Note: Whoever posts the photo must have a public Instagram or Twitter account in order for the monitoring team to see the photo.)
Make sure that one of your team members has a smartphone or laptop with WiFi connectivity. If your team doesn’t have access to either of these items, you can’t participate in the scavenger hunt.
The first two teams to arrive back at Applebee’s Detroit by 1:30 p.m. with one paper apple from each of the locations (three total) and one photo of each location posted on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ApplebeesDetroit (3 photos total) will receive the grand prizes.
Official rules and waivers can be found here.
Grand Prize Packages
The grand prize packages include:
- One trophy per team
- Detroit Pistons tickets and Pistons swag
- Detroit Red Wings tickets
- Detroit Tigers baseball caps
- $100 in Applebee’s gift cards per winning team
- Detroit Lions specialty sports drinking glass (one per winning team member)
After the Scavenger Hunt
Once the scavenger hunt is over, participants are encouraged to stick around. Autographs from Detroit Lions alumni players, including Scott Conover, will be available after the hunt for all participants from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Don’t forget – online registration closes Nov. 5, so gather your friends, brush up your scavenger hunt skills, and get ready to cruise Detroit.