THE DEETS: In 2011, twelve Detroit bands were given the opportunity to cover twelve other Detroit acts in the inaugural DETROIT by DETROIT showcase. After five terrific years at The Magic Stick, they’re taking the show on the road to The Loving Touch for a sixth annual installment, to – once again – shine a spotlight on Detroit’s incredible music community.
DETROIT by DETROIT VI features more bands than you can count on two hands, switching between two stages. It’s a musical thrill ride, with each year bringing new surprises. What started as an “April Fools” show has now become an annual tradition in celebrating Detroit music. Join them on February 20 in Ferndale – all ages are welcome, with a $10 donation at the door.
- (Headlining Main Stage) ESCAPING PAVEMENT as Madonna
- (Side Stage) STEVIE SOUL & OMAR ARAGONES as The Temptations
- (Main Stage) WOLF AND THE CRANE as Wilson Pickett
- (Side Stage) ZANDER MICHIGAN as Rodriguez
- (Main Stage) GO TIGER GO as My Pal Val
- (Side Stage) THE MESSENGER BIRDS as The White Stripes
- (Main Stage) SIX AND THE SEVENS as Was (Not Was)
- (Side Stage) FIVE POUND SNAP as Mexican Knives
- (Main Stage) JET BLACK BLONDE as The High Strung
- (Side Stage) ANCIENT LANGUAGE as Sufjan Stevens
- (Main Stage) JACKSON & THE POOLSHARKS as Against The Grain
- (Side Stage) THE BRUISED REED as The Great Fiction
- (Main Stage) WILLA RAE & THE MINOR ARCANA as Blanche
- (Side Stage) JOSH, JARRETT, and J WALKER as The Gories
- (Opening Main Stage) SCHOOL OF ROCK as The Stooges
Participating bands were given the opportunity to cover the Detroit artist of their choice, with each act performing three songs. Covered acts are ranging from the nationally-acclaimed Rodriguez and The White Stripes, to local favorites like My Pal Val.
For the fifth year in a row, proceeds will fund a special scholarship at School of Rock for a future Detroit rock and roller.
IT’S HAPPENING: February 20, 2016 at the Loving Touch (22634 Woodward Ave, Downtown Ferndale)
BE THERE: Between 8 p.m. – 2 a.m.
MORE INFO: http://bit.ly/DETxDET6.