Looking for that big breakthrough? This just might be it.
On Wednesday, May 4 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., Uber is giving entrepreneurs in Detroit the chance to pitch their business ideas to prominent local investors. All you have to do is request UberPITCH inside the Uber app, and you’ll get a chance to take a 10 minute Uber ride with a potential investor.
How it works
- Download the Uber app if you don’t have it.
- Enter the promo code PITCHDET in the promotions tab to unlock UberPITCH. While you can enter the PITCHDET promo code at any time, UberPITCH will only be visible from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on May 4.
- On May 4, request a ride from within the UberPITCH zone in Downtown Detroit.
- A car participating in UberPITCH will arrive at your location with an investor.
- You’ll have 10 minutes to ride with your investor and pitch your idea or start-up. All UberPITCH rides will be free.
If you need headquarters during UberPITCH, you can set up temporary shop at Bamboo Detroit and work from there from 1 p.m to 5 p.m.
If you’re a new Uber user, you can use the promo code PITCHRIDE to receive two free rides up to $15 each, but you have to use the code before June 30, 2016.
Who are the investors?
Techstars Mobility – They focus on investing in the future of mobility and transportation. They’re looking for startups creating technologies and services that improve transportation.
Detroit Venture Partners – This investor looks for founders who are creative, trustworthy, and disciplined. They back seed and early stage startup teams.
Invest Detroit – If you’re a high tech and early-stage startup, Invest Detroit is looking for you.
IncWell – Benefits of working with IncWell include seed funding, strategic partnerships, and mentorship. IncWell looks for startups that present breakthrough or disruptive technologies in areas like robotics, healthcare, and virtual reality.
Henry Ford Health System – If you’re focused on overcoming healthcare challenges, the Henry Ford Health System is you ideal investor. They bring physicians, staff, and entrepreneurs together to create promising concepts.
There will be a lot of entrepreneurs participating in this event, so if you request an UberPITCH and they’re all busy, be patient and try again in a bit. Good luck!