There are a lot of ways to get involved in the city, and one of the programs to apply for is Challenge Detroit.
Started in 2008 with their first class in 2012, the Challenge Detroit fellowship program provides opportunities to grow as a leader, make a social impact and be part of moving Detroit forward.
The program has had 175 fellows go through since inception, and is a nonprofit based on seven core values: Collaboration; Community and Fellowship; Intellectual Capital; Courage, Passion and Drive; Philanthropy; Sacrifice and Humility.
So Challenge Detroit is accepting applications for its year-long program of meaningful employment and intellectual work with area nonprofits, but the deadline is right on us. The program starts August 2017.
- Engage in intellectually-based challenges designed to positively impact the community;
- Work at a top company;
- Receive a $38,000 salary plus benefits;
- Receive perks like organization memberships, discounts and event access.
Let’s run through the qualifications:
- Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or be enrolled at an accredited institution and actively pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with graduation completed by the time Challenge Detroit begins.
- Applicants must be U.S. residents or legal resident aliens.
- Applicants must be hard-working and innovative.
Applications close this Sunday, March 5, 2017. Apply here: http://challengedetroit.org/