The GM Plaza will be rocking every Friday night for the next six weeks, thanks to the Chevrolet Rockin’ on the Riverfront concert series.
The Rockin’ on the Riverfront concert series brings well known classic rock bands to Detroit to perform. The opening bands are local to Detroit.
The concerts take place Friday evenings from 7:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
The 2017 Chevrolet Rockin’ on the Riverfront schedule:
- July 14 – Night Ranger with Alexandria N’Transit
- July 21 – George Thorogood and the Destroyers with Down River Dan
- July 28 – LOVERBOY with Standing Room Only
- August 4 – Gin Blossoms with Teddy Petty
- August 11 – 38 Special with Power Play Detroit
- August 18 – Everclear with Wisteria
The concerts are free and require no tickets to attend. This is an outdoor concert, so bring those lawn chairs and blankets to sit on.
Veterans have a chance to win a seat in the exclusive Veteran’s Row section. Just sign in and fill out the form for a chance to win.
If you have access to a boat, you are welcome to drop anchor near the riverfront and listen to the tunes.
Leave the coolers and food at home, as it is not allowed.
Parking is available at the GM surface lot at St. Antoine and Atwater for $5 per car.