Founders is one of Michigan’s most well-known beer brands, and their taproom in Midtown Detroit is just about ready to swing its doors open.
Back in April, the Grand Rapids-based brewery announced plans that they were going to open a new location, just a few blocks from the new Little Caesars Arena and the District Detroit development.
Well, now it is a reality. On December 4 at 3 p.m., the 14,000 square foot taproom at 456 Charlotte in Detroit will open. That night, they’ll be open until midnight.
Going forward, their hours will be Sunday through Wednesday from 11 a.m. -12 a.m. and Thursday through Saturday 11 a.m. – 1 a.m.
CBS Bottle Release & Mug Club
Their CBS, A Canadian Barrel Stout, will have a bottle release to go along with the opening. It’s an 11.7% ABV beer with notes of rich maple syrup, roasted coffee and velvety chocolate.
Tickets for that start December 2 and you can find more info here.
Additionally, if you’re already frothing at the mouth to be a regular at this joint, they’re kicking off mug club sales. Grand Rapids mug clubs will be honored here, by the way. Also, Detroit memberships in Grand Rapids. Here’s how those benefits break down, per Founders:
- New memberships cost $60 ($68 to engrave an image on your mug)
- You can only purchase one membership
- Membership can be claimed in person at the Detroit taproom with your valid, government-issued ID and your confirmation ticket
- 21+ only
- You will be issued a Mug Club ID card upon claiming membership. ID Cards must be shown in order to receive discount
- Your very own mug with choice of text or image (note that image costs $8 extra)
- $1 off draft beers all day, everyday
- $2 off draft beers on Thursdays
- $2 off growler fills all day, everyday
- Discounted entry to events in Detroit and Grand Rapids
- Occasional access to select limited pre-release tickets for beer and special events