Welcome to your Daily Detroit for January 8, 2018.
Our main topics today:
- A Detroit City Councilmember is under scrutiny for ethics
- Detroit’s crime rate seems to be for the most part down
- Detroit’s a top travel destination
- Michigan’s population is up, but not growing as fast as the rest of the country
- Metro Detroit is getting a new FAST transit service to make bus service better in the region
- Deep Dive: There’s a new garden coming to Belle Isle from famed designer Piet Oudolf. He’s worked on the High Line in New York City, Millenium Park in Chicago, and various gardens in Europe. We talked to Oudolf about his plans and have our writer’s reaction.
Don’t forget to subscribe in Apple Podcasts here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/daily-detroit-news-byte/id1220563942?mt=2
Google play here: https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&apn=com.google.android.music&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/I7qlunocz64xfl2crqq4pgkgeha?t%3DDaily_Detroit_News_Byte%26pcampaignid%3DMKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16
Thanks to the Loaded Die for their support, you can find them here: http://www.theloadeddie.com
And to Podcast Detroit: http://www.podcastdetroit.com