Happy 313 Day everyone!
Today the social media universe has been filled with love letters to the City of Detroit by using the hashtag #313Day.
I picked out our favorite 31.3 posts that celebrate the city of Detroit from Twitter and Instagram.
1. Detroit has always been known for our spirit, with or without the statue.
2. Are you proud to be a Detroiter? I’m pretty sure we all are.
— WDET 101.9FM (@wdet) March 13, 2018
3. Detroit, it really is Pure Michigan. Am I right?
Today we celebrate all of the things we love about the Motor City, from its rich history & iconic landmarks, to its soulful beats & delicious eats! Happy #313Day Detroit! #PureMichigan #VisitDetroit @VisitDetroit pic.twitter.com/vxD157Wq0o
— Pure Michigan (@PureMichigan) March 13, 2018
4. Those Fisher brothers commissioned some beautiful buildings didn’t they?
— The Fisher Building (@FisherBldgDET) March 13, 2018
5. We’ve got news for you Detroit… we really love you.
— Detroit Free Press (@freep) March 13, 2018
6. Our love grows for you every day, you know… like flowers and fruit.
— Eastern Market (@EasternMarket) March 13, 2018
7. Our transit system might be is more inspirational than transportation-al… but it’s still ours. <3
— QLINE Detroit (@qlinedetroit) March 13, 2018
8. Ooh… old plane!
Happy #313Day!!!! Love this shot of downtown #Detroit from the 30s, also showing the @detroitnews @LockheedMartin Vega. Speramus meliora; resurgent cineribus! @thehenryford #BensonFordRC #ExploreTHF https://t.co/RT0Zv2QgNJ pic.twitter.com/742QUsRXJs
— J Unger (@JUArchivist) March 13, 2018
9. Calling our Canadian friends
— Gordie Howe International Bridge (@GordieHoweBrg) March 13, 2018
10. Even when my memories are a little foggy I still love you Detroit
— Wayne State Univ (@waynestate) March 13, 2018
11. Sometimes you need to pray for your city
For most, 3-13 is just another winter day. But in the Motor City, today means celebrating the city and people of Detroit! From Coney dogs and @tigers baseball to @motown and @EasternMarket, there's a lot to love about the Renaissance City!
What do you love about Detroit? #313Day pic.twitter.com/ruRlNt4oTq
— Detroit Archdiocese (@DetroitCatholic) March 13, 2018
12. A photo with a view, even though it’s obviously not that time of year
— Detroit Seminary (@DBTSeminary) March 13, 2018
13. Pizza. No explanation needed.
— Buddy's Pizza (@buddyspizza) March 13, 2018
14. Better Made. See above.
— Better Made (@BetterMade) March 13, 2018
15. 7 action views
— WXYZ Detroit (@wxyzdetroit) March 13, 2018
— Saralyn Norkus (@SaralynV) March 13, 2018
17. My, what a tall building you are!
— Lauren Crocker (@LaurenCrocker_) March 13, 2018
18. I art my city
Happy #313Day! DYK? The DIA owns a number of public artworks installed around #Detroit, including "Monument to Joe Louis" by Robert Graham and sculptures by Alexander Calder, Richard Serra and others in the Josephine Ford Sculpture Garden located @CCS_Detroit! #DetroitArt pic.twitter.com/Ys0tM15cip
— Detroit Inst of Arts (@DIADetroit) March 13, 2018
19. Old school… really old school.
Happy #313Day! This panoramic view of Campus Martius at the corner of Woodward and Michigan Avenues, circa 1905, comes from the Detroit Publishing Company https://t.co/W9pUg8HU3C pic.twitter.com/MjIffFdga4
— The Henry Ford (@thehenryford) March 13, 2018
20. From Grand Circus
Happy 313 Day #Detroit! At DXF, we strive everyday to promote the city in a positive way. Help support our efforts by giving to our @inourbackyards campaign by clicking the link in our bio. To all that have donated to this point, THANK YOU! https://t.co/oC4h46Tnzz pic.twitter.com/r3zC0rDpQ9
— DXF (@WeKnowDetroit) March 13, 2018
21. Let me tile you how much I love you
22. Dan, Dan… The History Man
— HistoricDetroit.org (@HistoricDET) March 13, 2018
23. I’m not lion to you
— Detroit Lions (@Lions) March 13, 2018
24. No, he’s not holding a basketball, but what if he did?
— Detroit Pistons (@DetroitPistons) March 13, 2018
25. I’m not pucking around with your heart.
— Detroit Red Wings (@DetroitRedWings) March 13, 2018
— Michael B. Chait (@michaelbchait) March 13, 2018
— Demitirus McNeal (@demitirusmcnea7) March 13, 2018
28. Obligatory dog photo. But really, awww!
— Kate Livingston 🕵🏻♀️ (@exposyourmuseum) March 13, 2018
29. You really move me, Detroit
30. Perfect Detroit Trifecta
Happy #313Day everyone!
(Lafayette for those keeping score) pic.twitter.com/pdyJnodBTB
— Jim Nardecchia (@GoodGuyJim) March 13, 2018
31. Moving to Detroit? Alpaca you up.
— Annie Alpaca (@AnnieAlpaca) March 13, 2018
31.3 I wish we could throw Detroit a parade every day!
— The Parade Company (@ParadeCo) March 13, 2018