Facebook is supporting a second round of bootcamps in Detroit and Grand Rapids.
The participants, through Grand Circus, will receive full scholarships valued at nearly $10,000. Participants will receive training in C# and dot NET in Grand Rapids, and Java in Detroit.
This second bootcamp is a part of Facebook’s plan to train 3,000 Michiganders in coding and social media business marketing over the next two years.
25 students were in the first bootcamp last fall. Graduates have since been placed at 15 companies throughout Michigan, according to Grand Circus.
Students are also taught skills beyond the code, including soft skill sessions, career 1-on-1s and mock interviews.
Applications are open through June 15th, and qualified students will be assessed on a first-come, first-served basis. The program starts in the middle of July and runs through September.
To qualify for program and scholarship, you need to be a Michigan resident, at least 18 years old, make $50 grand or less and unemployed or underemployed. If you sign up, you’re going to have be available the entire camp, which means during the day every day during classes.
To get in, they want you to have a college degree already or some completed coursework and three years of professional experience and some programming experience.
Here’s the full list, per their press release:
- May 8, 2018: Rolling applications opened
- June 15, 2018: Rolling applications close
- July 16, 2018: Facebook Bootcamp Begins
- September 21, 2018: Facebook Bootcamp Concludes
Eligible Students Must:
- Be a Michigan resident
- Be at least 18 year’s old
- Be available for the full length of the bootcamp
- Have an individual annual income of $50k or less
- Consider themselves unemployed or underemployed
Ideal students will have:
- A college degree or some completed college coursework
- At least three years of professional experience, preferably with some exposure to diverse team-based environments
- Experience in a back-end programming language (self-taught, formal education or professional experience)
- Examples to demonstrate resourcefulness and a tenacity to overcome obstacles
- An openness to receiving and giving feedback
- A growth mindset, a great attitude and eagerness to learn at lightning speed
For additional information on Grand Circus visit: www.grandcircus.co
For additional information on the Facebook Bootcamp, or to apply, visit: https://www.grandcircus.co/facebook