You Daily Detroit News Byte Podcast (subscribe free here!) recorded on June 7, 2018.
– Members of Detroit City Council will debate a new proposal to regulate medical marijuana businesses in the city.
– The Republican-controlled state House and Senate have adopted a citizen petition to pull the prevailing wage law off the books.
– City councils in two of Oakland County’s largest cities, Troy and Novi, say voters should be allowed to decide the fate of a regional transit tax in November.
– It’s one of the Detroit area’s hottest and most closely watched pieces of real estate. And now, the former Como’s Restaurant at Woodward and Nine Mile in Ferndale has a new owner.
– Nearly $98 million in Federal money, pending congressional approval, will be coming to help fix Mound Road.
– Skateboarding legend Tony Hawk will be in Detroit this weekend. He’s headlining the re-opening ceremony on Saturday for Wayfinding, a combination public art installation and skate park next to Campus Martius.
– Motor City Pride festival is this weekend.
– There’s a new delivery service called FlashFoodBox that’s opening up in Detroit as its first U.S. city. The company is looking to change the game, and get fresh food delivered to people, right to their door.
Jer caught up with their founder Josh Domingues at WeWork Thursday morning.