Our August 22, 2018 show features an interview with Sean Mann, CEO of Detroit City FC. The season may be over, but there’s still a lot of activity with the organization, including efforts to go professional and to roll out their sports complex and bar on the east side of the city.
– Ford Motor Company has added another piece to its emerging Corktown campus.
– Detroit is about to get a giant floating bar of light. The new art will connect two historic downtown buildings: One Woodward, designed by famed World Trade Center architect Minoru Yamasaki, and the Guardian Building, the famed Art Deco masterpiece designed by Wirt C. Rowland.
– In Troy, the owners behind Berkley’s Vinsetta Garage and Clarkston Union just opened a Latin American fusion eatery called Gran Castor, which is Spanish for “great beaver.”
– In Detroit, the owner of Supino Pizzeria is planning a new pizza joint on Woodward in the New Center.
– And finally in Ferndale, a large sign recently went up on the roof of a vacant storefront along Woodward announcing the coming of Brooks Brewing, a microbrewery and pizza oven.
– National coworking and remote office outfit WeWork is expanding in Detroit again. They’re adding another floor in 1001 Woodward.
– Detroit is known for its unique animals. For instance, it was just a year ago that there was a Kangaroo running around just a couple blocks from our University District digs. Then there was that whole Tiger thing in the Packard Plant. This one isn’t as crazy, but it does involve a parrot that knows the theme to Game of Thrones and the Addams Family.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show in your favorite podcast app.