On your Daily Detroit podcast show recorded on August 26, 2018: Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan and a group of Detroit-area residents have filed a federal lawsuit alleging that Michigan’s no-fault auto insurance law is unconstitutional and is unfairly expensive for drivers.
– The internet is ablaze with speculation that it might just be the end of Hockeytown for the Detroit Red Wings.
– Work is set to start Monday to build Detroit’s newest beach.
– A couple of changes are on the horizon for buses around town. The first is proposed, the second is happening.
– The Detroit Knight Arts Challenge has named 53 finalists for its grant contest, funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
– We now have more details on the Aretha Franklin tribute concert that will be free and open to the public.
– Time Magazine has named the Detroit Foundation Hotel as one of the World’s 100 greatest places.
Get episodes first and subscribe to the show (it’s free!) in Apple Podcasts, or even better, write a review!