From the floor of Digital Summit Detroit, this is your Daily Detroit podcast for September 12, 2018.
– Public works employees in Macomb County have removed a quivering, gelatinous mass from the sewer system that they have affectionately dubbed a “fatberg.”
– Detroit Public Schools Community District will open a unique K-12 teaching academy next fall on the Marygrove College campus.
– The owners of the Crowne Plaza Hotel in downtown Detroit have been dealt another setback in their efforts to build a second hotel tower.
– Here’s a snapshot into what Michiganders are thinking right now about a variety of issues thanks to a set of new polls that we’ll walk through.
– Popular fitness chain Orangetheory Fitness said today it plans to open its first Detroit location in 2019.
– The Impossible Burger Slider is coming to Metro Detroit White Castles
– And we talk about the opening keynote with Chelsea Handler, who had some interesting lessons to share about social and digital media that weren’t from the perspective of a traditional marketer. She also talked about how marijuana could be the next big thing for Detroit.
Like the show? Subscribe free wherever podcasts are found here.