– Flex N Gate opens on the east side of Detroit, hiring 50% Detroit residents into jobs. Looking for a job yourself? Here’s a link to job training at Detroit At Work.
– We hit the streets to talk to folks on both sides at a strike at one of Detroit’s iconic hotels, the Westin Book Cadillac, owned by Marriott. At issue? Wages, of course. But also the idea that workers shouldn’t have to work two jobs to afford to live in the city.
– One of the Detroit area’s most infamous motels is being shopped as a redevelopment opportunity. The Motorama Motel on Eight Mile Road at Woodward in Ferndale is for sale, and we have the purchase price.
– Southfield has joined the ranks of Detroit-area cities to celebrate the holiday instead as Indigenous Peoples Day.
– Detroit’s Palmer Park is getting some badly needed new tennis courts. Crews recently demolished the old courts, which sit along Woodward Avenue between McNichols and Seven Mile Roads and have hosted a popular youth Tennis Academy for the past five years.
– And Nuri Gocay from IT in the D joins us to talk about tech and the recent security breach from a big tech company.
Thanks to our episode sponsors: Milo Digital and Falling Down Beer Company.
This episode of the Daily Detroit podcast was recorded on Monday, October 8. Subscribe to one of America’s best local news podcasts here for free.