Big show for you today. Our feature interview is with Steve Gursten. He’s an auto law attorney and breaks down the breakdown in Michigan’s insurance system. After all, it’s the most expensive in the nation to get your car insured in this state.. and the most expensive city is Detroit. You can find him here: https://www.michiganautolaw.com/blog/
– Detroit radio legend Mike Clark has died at the age of 63. Leave your memories here: https://www.facebook.com/mikeclarkdetroit/posts/2413681678648486
– Davenport University is moving its Livonia campus to the city of Detroit, and they’re doing it in the New Center One Building.
– Over the weekend, the Church of Scientology officially opened their Church they had been working on at Griswold and Jefferson.
– Kroger is looking to open a new store in the Detroit inner ring suburb of Oak Park.
– Quicken Loans is opening a Windsor office.
– If you haven’t been to Detroit’s own Sweetwater Tavern… here’s another reason to go. The wings joint at Congress and Brush made Thrillist’s list of 21 best chicken wings in America. More: https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/the-21-best-chicken-wing-restaurants-in-america#
– Detroit Mini Donut has launched their crowdfunding campaign to move into a space on East Grand River in downtown Detroit. More: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/brick-and-mortar-time-in-downtown-detroit#/
– There’s some news out of the nearby Green Acres neighborhood of what’s not happening. The Metro Times writes that the city of Detroit’s Zoning Board of Appeals denied Asian Corned Beef – a popular mini-chain serving corned beef eggrolls – a zoning variance. more: https://www.metrotimes.com/table-and-bar/archives/2018/10/16/greenacres-neighborhood-thwarts-asian-corned-beef-egg-roll-threat-classism
– The upscale clothing retailer Madewell has opened up a new store in the newly redeveloped Shinola Block in downtown Detroit. That’s on Woodward in a row of historic buildings where the new Shinola Hotel is going in.
– A visa denial has stymied plans for Windsor- based Bread Meats Bread to come to Detroit. Want to take the space? Here’s a link to apply: https://www.detroitshippingcompany.com/vendorapp
Thanks for listening to the show! If you like the Daily Detroit Podcast, don’t forget to tell a friend about it. We’re in all major podcast apps, including Apple Podcasts.