On today’s show, we break down the top 10 restaurants in Southeast Michigan as determined by users of Open Table for February. Of note: None of them are in the city proper, while one’s in Flint and another is in Ann Arbor.
Elsewhere, we catch up on the news that Amazon has agreed to invest $700 million in startup electric vehicle company Rivian. We talked about the possibility this would happen on an episode last week, and Jer has some more thoughts about what Amazon’s equity stake could mean.
- “The Russian Five,” the documentary about the legendary Detroit Red Wings that helped the team establish a dynasty in the ’90s, is launching next month at theaters across Michigan. Here’s where to catch and screening and buy tickets.
- Star Trek alum George Takei is coming to Motor City Comic Con March 18 and 19.
- The city of Detroit is hiring for commercial drivers for parks maintenance.
- The Detroit Optimist Society plans a dual Korean bar-chef’s choice sushi counter in a vacant building in Southwest Detroit.
- BONUS: Here’s a fun drone video of Detroit’s Fisher Building. Enjoy.