On today’s podcast, Jer tags along with the Salvation Army’s Bed and Bread truck, which delivers 3,800 meals each day to hungry Detroiters. He also speaks with former Detroit radio legend, Dick Purtan, about the upcoming Bed and Bread Club Radiothon, which runs Thursday through Friday on WJR-AM 760.
Here’s what else is happening around town:
- A federal corruption probe could be expanding to Taylor, as FBI agents raided the City Hall and homes of Mayor Rick Sollars. There’s also a tip line set up at 313.965.4545.
- GM says it’s investing $20 million in its Romulus Powertrain Plant to expand capacity.
- The American Center of Mobility, a 500-acre-plus test bed for self-driving cars at Willow Run, announced a new CEO.
- Autorama suffers a setback in its plans to jump a “Smokey and the Bandit” replica car next month over the event’s history of using Confederate flags.
- New legislation could expand a state law banning texting while driving to any use of social media apps.
- And Bob Seger has added a third night at DTE Energy Music Theater to his farewell tour. It’ll be June 12.
Thanks as always for listening, and tell a friend about Daily Detroit. Or, consider supporting us via Patreon.