It’s March 13, or written another way, 3/13, or #313Day.
It’s become quite a thing locally on social media. And it’s become, in Jer’s words, “a meme holiday.” Although it’s great to spread positivity, it could be a lot better. He’s got a different proposal to try and infuse some more action into it. We talk about it on the podcast.
There’s lots of real news we cover on today’s show, as well:
- Ford is issuing pink slip to salaried workers in Dearborn
- Fiat Chrysler is recalling some 860,000 vehicles that don’t meet federal emissions standards
- City Airport is getting its main runway replaced, which would seem to put rumors of redevelopment to rest
- The Foundation Hotel faces a lawsuit alleging racial discrimination, now a group of Trump supporters says it’s on the wrong end of discrimination by the hotel
- We circle back to the fact the Masonic Temple inked a deal with AEG
- Detroit vs. Everybody is teaming up with Adidas for a new line of sneakers and apparel
- And Anthology Coffee is moving to Eastern Market
Thanks for listening. Don’t miss another episode of the Daily Detroit podcast – subscribe free in your favorite podcast app.