On today’s show recorded on June 18, 2019:
– The City of Detroit is one of 10 American cities to join a new national program to figure out how to help residents make more money and improve their economic status.
– You’ve heard of Hell, Michigan, right? it’s an unincorporated town near Pinckney in Livingston County. It’s famous for its road signs, a tavern and stores selling souvenirs branded with the community’s name. Now, a California YouTuber has purchased the whole five-acre commercial property and officially renamed it “Gay Hell” in protest of the Trump Administration.
– The Conservatory on Belle Isle is opening nearly a month ahead of schedule.
– A 2,500 Square Foot Premier Pet Supply is coming to the City Club Apartments near Grand Circus Park. And yes, it’ll have a DIY dog wash station. We discuss.
– A Grand Opening date has been set for the new Brooks Brewing in Ferndale. It’ll be June 26th, and we talk about their unique approach to pricing their brews.
– And finally, there’s the 6th Annual Art of the Cocktail competition in downtown Ferndale on Thursday. More: http://www.downtownferndale.com/art-of-the-cocktail/