Welcome back from the holiday weekend, comrades. Today’s show is Episode 300 of your Daily Detroit, and for that we thank you, our listeners. We also dive into two pieces of Ilitch-related news:
- First, that Olympia Development has missed a deadline to submit a development proposal for a parcel on Woodward between the Little Caesars Arena and I-75. After already receiving a one-year extension. [Crain’s]
- Secondly, that Chris Ilitch signed Tigers GM Al Avila to a “multi-year” contract extension, because the Tigers rebuild is
Other things you’ll hear on No. 300:
- Soccer correspondent Fletcher Sharpe joins us to recap Detroit City FC’s big weekend, in which it clinched the conference championship and a spot in the NPSL playoffs.
- Stevie Wonder is getting a kidney transplant.
- Ann Arbor could get a new 19-story high-rise behind the Michigan Theater. [MLive]
- Lobster Week is a thing, and it’s happening at two Detroit-area eateries.
- Two Guys From Italy pizzeria is closing in Hazel Park.
- The newly reopened Belle Isle conservatory is extending its summer hours.