On episode 361 of the Daily Detroit podcast:
– Sven helps us understand the UAW/GM Tentative Agreement nearly 50,000 striking GM workers are reviewing
– It looks like by 2024 I-375 in downtown Detroit will become a boulevard. It’s the focus of our most recent piece on Detroit Public Television’s One Detroit, and we break down our thoughts. Here’s the DPTV piece: http://www.dailydetroit.com/2019/10/18/i-375-in-detroit-planned-to-become-a-boulevard-by-2024/
– The streetscape project on Detroit’s Avenue of Fashion – Livernois – has suffered delays and now won’t be completed until the spring. What does that mean? Here’s an interesting piece in Bridge Magazine: https://www.bridgemi.com/detroit/can-detroit-businesses-survive-citys-push-walkable-neighborhoods
– 7,000 pounds of apples were stolen up in Linden. A caper that is rotten to the core (sorry couldn’t help the pun).
– And Shianne talks about the winner of the Hatch Detroit contest, a book store and podcast/sound studio is coming to Detroit’s far east side near the Grosse Pointe border.
Like the show? Be sure to leave a review or tell a friend! We’re on Apple Podcasts and wherever fine shows are found. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/daily-detroit/id1220563942
Love the show? Become a member on Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/DailyDetroit