On today’s show (yes, we’re moving to mornings! Finally!)
– A film focusing in part on a Detroit automaker, “Ford V. Ferrari,” takes the top spot at the box office
– Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer is in Israel
– A Metro Detroit gas price update from AAA
– Taxpayers are on the hook for free health care for Warren’s elected officials for life. In-depth here: https://www.macombdaily.com/news/local/new-perk-for-warren-elected-officials-free-health-insurance-for/article_c6cc821a-070a-11ea-babc-070b87802b9a.html
– The UAW ratifies a new contract with General Dynamics
– Lyon Township has doubled in population recently. Some are trying to curb sprawl to the township 50 minutes from Detroit. In-depth here: https://www.hometownlife.com/story/news/local/south-lyon/2019/11/14/lyon-township-considers-buying-property-development-rights-slow-growth/4181856002/
– CNN has named a Dearborn woman as a top 10 hero. You can vote for Najah Bazzy to win here: https://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cnn.heroes/vote/10/
– A massive bond to pay for demolitions in Detroit may get on the ballot at a Detroit City Council meeting later today.
– The city is also offering half-off parking tickets for residents
– Info on how to help a new bus park happen in Detroit’s NW Goldberg neighborhood. Here’s the page: https://www.patronicity.com/project/6326_rest__ride_park#!/
– And, before Sven Gustafson left for Minsk, we chatted about his trip this week at the Belarus Press Club.
Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to tell a friend about the show.
We’re on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/daily-detroit/id1220563942
And wherever podcasts are found. We’re also supported in part by our members. Become one here.