On today’s episode:
- A state representative is planning on personally delivering a letter to President Trump asking for him to free Kwame Kilpatrick. Shianne argues there are plenty more wronged people to free first than the former mayor.
- The city of Detroit’s financial health has improved, according to the Moody’s rating service.
- Macomb County lawmakers are looking to opt out of the Detroit Institute of Arts Millage that is up for renewal early next month. Opinion: It’s more of the shortsighted thinking that got Metro Detroit in this place. (Read more on the Freep)
- Polonia Restaurant in Hamtramck is up for sale for a cool $450,000. And so is Craftwork in West Village, they are asking $300,000 for the space.
- Matt and Mo’s Italian Beef has kicked off a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a brick and mortar location in Hazel Park.
- Royal Oak Commissioners have approved plans for City Ramen to use a liquor license that was transferred from a Mod Pizza location in Rochester Hills.
- There will soon be a new sculpture in Kellogg Park in downtown Plymouth thanks to the Detroit Institute of Arts.