“We need to recognize that our people are our economy. We can figure out how businesses can run and how they can open and function safely. The economy can recover. But people cannot recover from dying of COVID-19.”Michigan Lt. Governor Garlin Gilchrist II
On today’s podcast, we have an in-depth conversation with Michigan Lieutenant Governor Garlin Gilchrist II around Michigan and the Coronavirus.
We talk about a wide variety of topics with the Lt. Governor:
- Lt. Governor Gilchrist is leading a new task force to examine the causes and find ways to lower the higher rate of African Americans dying due to COVID-19.
- How the state is mobilizing on things like unemployment benefits.
- Where Michigan is at in flattening the curve.
- What are the thoughts around the budget for things like roads after the initial crisis.
- A possible policy to help bars and restaurants.
…and much more. Have a listen to the player below, and find buttons to subscribe to the podcast free in your podcast app of choice.