There are so many stories coming out of Detroit around the Coranvirus pandemic. And those stories at HuffPost are being written by local voices.
To discuss what they found and what’s happening on the ground, HuffPost Senior National Correspondent Jonathan Cohn talks about the work the reporting team did.
Here’s background reading material to dive in even more:
- What It’s Like To Have Cancer In The Middle Of A Pandemic
- The Last 16 Days Of Robert Beaupre’s Life
- Hospice Workers Adapt To Provide End-Of-Life Care Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
We also check in on some stories around town after the conversation.
- Beaumont is doing mass layoffs.
- GM’s Maven car service is shutting down.
- The UAW endorsed Joe Biden for president.
- And local parks are limiting visitors.
Thanks to our members who make this show possible: http://www.patreon.com/dailydetroit
Bed music in this episode is “Beauty Flow” by Kevin MacLeod. Link: https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/song/5025-beauty-flow