Hello Detroit. I’m back from Michigan’s vacation wonderland and here to report about the efforts that many vacationers appear not to be taking to safeguard themselves and others against the coronavirus. Based on my experience, I’d recommend limiting your visits to businesses and other public spaces if you’re planning to head Up North. And wear a mask!
Other things you’ll hear on today’s show:
- The 2020 Woodward Dream Cruise is officially canceled. What does that mean?
- We discuss the latest COVID-19 numbers from the state of Michigan.
- Detroit police are investigating after one of their officers drove an SUV through a crowd of protesters over the weekend.
- Ford unveiled its redesigned F-150 pickup truck for 2021, while Lordstown Motors revealed its production Endurance, which aims to be the first battery-electric pickup on the market. And I add my thoughts about Rivian moving operations from Detroit to California.
- We discuss some of the region’s most dangerous intersections from 2019, based on this post from Michigan Auto Law.
- And we’ve got an update about the dot, Ferndale’s big mixed-use parking structure, after two months of construction went on pause.