We usually like to send you off on your merry weekend with lighthearted fare, but unfortunately, the coronavirus has roared back, and it literally touches everything about modern life.
But the good news is, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer did not use her Thursday news conference to order a return to stay-at-home quarantine for Michigan. Yet. But she really, really wants you to wear a damn mask (our words not hers).
So much so, there’s a new executive order.
On today’s show, we discuss:
- The latest numbers and data from the state
- Whitmer’s news conference
- How the state will examine toll roads as a possible solution to the hold COVID will blow in our road-repair budget
- The latest on whether schools will reopen this fall
- How coronavirus is wreaking havoc on the wide world of sports — including that head-scratching comment from Michigan Wolverines football coach Jim Harbaugh — with contributor Fletcher Sharpe
- And a conversation with Beaumont researcher Laura Lamb, who’s part of a team that has developed a new COVID-19 test that can deliver accurate results in as little as 30 minutes