Today on your Primary Election Day edition of your Daily Detroit, don’t forget to get out and exercise your freedom to vote, because Democracy hinges on it and also on robust participation. See, the scoundrels don’t want you to vote. It helps them slip their unpopular proposals into law.
Also, we have a show for you today. We talk about:
- Michigan’s RT level, which measures the spread of the coronavirus, is now below 1, which suggests the spread is slowing in the Mitten, yay.
- The Macomb County Medical Examiner’s Office is a hotbed of racist and sexist behavior, a death examiner claims.
- Canada still doesn’t want Americans to come over. ‘MERICA.
- Evictions loom on a mass scale, and like many things with the coronavirus, black folks and other minorities figure to be disproportionately affected.
- Lordstown Motors is going public, thanks in part to an investment from General Motors.
- SMART is weighing extending its Woodward Avenue FAST bus out to Great Lakes Crossing in Auburn Hills.
- And Fletcher Sharpe joins us to talk DCFC and Lions QB Matthew Stafford’s coronavirus diagnosis.