On your Daily Detroit, we spend a few minutes updating you on what’s happening around town.
- Your local Coronavirus updates including a local bar temporarily closing and Eastern Michigan going remote for now
- The Detroit Lions cancel practice to raise awareness about Jacob Blake and police brutality
- A Detroit pizza brand takes the top of the pandemic charts
- How to get 84 cent hamburgers at a Michigan restaurant chain
- Part of the Lodge is renamed after the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin
Then, a conversation with Dr. James Zender. He’s one of the top mental health professionals in the area. You can read about him here.
This whole pandemic thing has made people anxious and worried so I figured it’d be great to talk to a psychologist with some tips to help all of us get through and recognize the signs that we might need some help.
It’s an important listen to make sure you do some self-care during all of this, and that it’s OK to not be OK.
Here are some resources:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration https://www.samhsa.gov1 Phone: (877) 726-4727
Disaster Distress Hotline: https://www.samhsa.gov/find-help/disaster-distress-helpline Phone: (800) 985-5990
Here’s a link to Dr. Zender’s work: https://drjameszender.com/
Thanks for listening to the show! If we bring value to your day, consider becoming a member and getting some cool stickers, too: http://www.patreon.com/dailydetroit