The city of Detroit and surrounding counties are having to slow their COVID-19 vaccine rollout due to supply problems from the Federal government.
Rivian gets $2.65B in investment, while Stellantis unveils their new sign out in Auburn Hills. But with the merger of FCA and Peugeot with their Dutch headquarters, we’re really down to just the Detroit 2. Or is it just GM and Ford, without a name?
Online sports betting starts Friday in Michigan, and Detroit casinos are in on the action.
Henry Ford Health System opens their new Birgitte Harris Cancer Pavilion on West Grand Boulevard in the city tomorrow.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) is officially “What’s Going On?” day to remember the iconic song and album by Marvin Gaye.
Plus Fletcher Sharpe (http://www.twitter.com/saintfdw) joins us for sports:
- Michigan State and Illinois basketball has been postponed due to COVID-19. It’s the third game for the program.
- Detroit Lions hire Brad Holmes as General Manager
- What are the coaching prospects now for the Lions as Saleh is off to the Jets?
- Jim Harbaugh shaking things up over at U of M Football
- Red Wings honor Marlowe Stoudamire
Thanks for listening! If you love what we’re doing there are a couple ways to help.
1) Leave a review on Apple Podcasts. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/daily-detroit/id1220563942?mt=2
2) Join us a member on Patreon. Your support, like Nissa and Jonathan did, means the world to this project. http://www.patreon.com/dailydetroit