Today’s show is mostly about developments around town.
– There are new plans for the State Fair Transit Center that would save the historic Dairy Cattle Building, but demolish all but the portico of the old Coliseum
– Marwood + Marston is coming to the North End, an $18.2 million residential development with affordable housing
– There’s some progress over at the Eddystone. It overlooks Little Caesars Arena.
– Barcade (the actual name-brand Barcade) will open on Selden later this August.
– Is a business-focused hotel coming to downtown Ferndale?
– A possible Meijer in Macomb Township is facing stiff resistance from residents because of fears of lights, crime and sex trafficking that the grocery store might bring. https://www.macombdaily.com/2021/08/06/plans-for-macomb-township-meijer-move-ahead/
– And late-breaking news as we record the podcast, the founder of Garden Fresh Salsa, Jack Aronson, has died at 68.
If you haven’t followed us in your favorite podcast app yet, we’re wherever fine podcasts are found, like Apple Podcasts and Spotify.